Skip to main content

Giving Thanks During My Storm

I seem to be having a month of questioning answered prayers and hope.

I'm a very positive and optimistic person, but I've had several hopes and prayers lately that have led to disappointment. I see Facebook status about answered prayers, hear conversations on answered prayers, and wonder when will mine be answered?
I had this conversation with a girlfriend of mine yesterday and she expressed she had been feeling the same lately. It just so happened that she had read a devotional that morning which talked about answered prayers during our storms. She asked me if I thank God for the struggles in my life. No, was my reply. I had never thought of thanking God for the rough times, but it makes sense that I should - it's an act in faith. He wants us to learn to walk by faith and not by sight - to have faith during the confusing times. Let's be honest, it's not easy to give thanks during devastation, heartache, or when we feel like our world is caving in. But God wants us to give thanks and remember that He is in control and has not abandoned us. Life is full of situations and someday I will see His plan, but until then I need to give thanks for His promise. He really does understand our pain - I had to remind myself that Jesus lived this life and is acquainted with every situation that I face. He knows rejection, grief, disappointment, hurt, temptation, and loss. I am to give thanks in all circumstances and be a faithful steward of all the life that surrounds me.

1 Thessalonians 5:18English Standard Version (ESV)
18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
English Standard Version (ESV)

Peace, Love & Hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people