Skip to main content

I Was Wrong

This week has been a little hectic due to some changes in my life schedule. I've missed a week of seeing and spending time with my family which isn't normal for our family.
But on the upside I'm meeting new people which brings me new knowledge, and from that I shall grow, so it's a beautiful thing!

Speaking of meeting people and new knowledge, I made some prejudgments this week that I'm not proud of, but I'm human and I make wrong decisions occasionally.
This week I met several new people which some I immediately clicked with, and others I sat shaking my head in wonderment because of my first impression of them. Not first impression based on appearance, but first impression based on behavior. As the week continued I was drawn to having a real conversation with each of them because I wanted to understand the behavior that I was questioning. I learned some horrible events that had taken place recently in their life - different stories, but equally sad. I felt awful in thinking that I would have no connection with them, and it was horrible of me to question a relationship based on their demeanor without hearing their story. I was wrong, and I know better. So that was my reminder to something that I already knew and typically always practice. We all have a story so be kind, don't judge, embrace differences, have a conversation for a better understanding, and work on lifting each other up.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Peace, Love & Hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people