Skip to main content

Cheap Mask Because I'm Cheap!

I love the beauty industry, but I'm cheap. Not frugal...cheap! I don't like paying high prices for my skincare so I make my own products such as scrubs and masks for my beauty regimens. I want to pass on a great face mask.

Sunday evening my daughter and I decided our face was in need of some TLC so I made a face mask that consisted of two products that most of us have in our home - Knox Gelatine and milk.
You use 1 tablespoon of the unflavored Gelatine(not jello), and 1 1/2  tablespoons of milk. Mix until it's a chunky consistency and microwave for 10 - 15 seconds depending on your microwave. ( heat until warm not hot) Stir and apply quickly before it hardens. Leave on 10 -15 minutes or until you feel like you've had major Botox and smiling becomes difficult.

Now for a few warnings - 1. If you're sensitive to smells you might not want to do this. It has an odor that I can't describe other than, disgusting! But, once it begins to cool and harden the smell isn't as noticeable.  2. Avoid your eyebrows and hairline. I slapped this mixture over my entire face not thinking about it attaching to hair. Let's just say I felt like I waxed my face and it hurt like hell trying to peel it off my eyebrows. My daughter pretty much started the process of a receding hair line. We found that a warm washed cloth applied to the eyebrows/hairline works wonders on peeling off the mask.

The result was great and our skin feels amazing!

“These days, you’ve gotta milk a
dollar out of every dime.” 
― Gayle Forman



Peace, Love & Hugs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people