Skip to main content

Does Absence Make Your Heart Grow Fonder

I've been thinking about the old saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder." If I actually researched the saying it was probably intended for couples separated for a length of time due to work, war, etc. many many years ago, and it probably is an accurate saying for most people. As for me, I have never believed it for the simple reason that I've experienced the opposite in regards to absence - I eventually forget. For example, if you read my blog a few days ago you know of the current situation that I'm living in now with a family member that has chose to disconnect. Of course I was hurt initially, ( I am human)  then I became angry, and now I'm at peace. I had to turn the situation over to God and continue the walk that is intended for my life at this time. As they say, " I'm too blessed to be stressed." I know as the days and months go by I won't have any reflection on this situation because that is how I operate my life. I'm not saying that it's right, but it's what works for me! I have thought about it and came to the conclusion that I disconnect easily because I learned at a young not to get attached. When you live a life of disappointments, and broken trusts you learn survival techniques, and for me when it's over it's over and life goes on! I'm not sure if that's a great thing to do, but it's what allows me peace and comfort. I can't change the thoughts or actions of others so it's senseless for me to spend my waking moments thinking about what I have no control of. I will just continue walking in faith and putting my trust in God who has never failed or disappointed me.

There's people that do want to be a part of my life and are in it because they are connected to me in my current journey. Also, I'm living my purpose - the plan that God has set out for me, so that is where I put my time, energy, and effort.

I don't wish badly of anyone that has gone another direction. We are all on our own journey - at the end of each day, and when the end of our time on earth comes, we have to answer for our own actions. So live life in a way that makes you feel good about yourself at the end of the day, and gives you peace at night. The peace in my heart is the light of my soul!

Peace, Love & Hugs! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people